Thursday 16 August 2007

La Bohem

No. we haven't been to France, just Crosby! A complete break with tradition as we not only went to Crosby for a meal but went shopping to Sainsburys after the meal which is unheard of. J had been to La Bohem on Friday night with old chums from South Sefton and thought i would like it too. I had pate followed by seared salmon in a lemon and cream sauce with roasties, carrots, cauli and mange tout. J had a tower of black pudding (it didn't look like a tower to me) with garlic mushrooms, plus half of my bread which I couldn't eat then shoulder of lamb (very tender!) with similar veg. A can of Guinness for J - very French, and a white wine and soda for me. A very pleasant meal for £31 including drinks. Sainsburys was very quiet by the time we got there at 8 o'clock so shopping was quite relaxed. Got home early tonight to go to the gym and realised we didn't have anything for tea so called at M & S for some frozen fish and have just had fish and chips - good job I went to the gym!!

No comments: